Training Application (Bio-gas Production, Imo)
The IFAD Agrihub Nigeria project focuses on developing the skills of unemployed Nigerian youth and aspiring agripreneurs to become self-employed or secure employment in agriculture. Through its various initiatives, the project aims to improve the livelihoods of youth in the rural economy. Agrihub intends to operate an inclusive model that provides opportunities for people with low levels of education.
The biogas and renewable energy training is a partnership between the IFAD Agrihub project and Gycon Isn Bio Renewable Limited. The program provides a solid curriculum for youth (male and female) to acquire knowledge on Biogas production and how it can provide energy for farms and households by providing them with low-cost and high-efficiency means of energy.
The program includes classroom training, hands-on field learning, and internships. Through the training, the selected beneficiaries will gain insights into creating a biogas business or building a career in the emerging biogas production industry.
Criteria for Eligibility
- Beneficiaries should be youth between the ages of 18 and 29.
- Youth must be passionate about agriculture especially renewable energy solutions relating to agriculture and its value chain.
- The beneficiary must be unemployed when applying.
- Beneficiaries must possess at least a junior or senior secondary school certificate and be literate in English or the local language.
- Applicants resident in Owerri, Imo State (location of the training facility) will be given preference.
- Applicants must have access to a functioning mobile phone.
- Participants must be physically and mentally fit to participate in all aspects of the training. Applicants with certain disabilities are also encouraged to apply. However, this must be clearly communicated during the application period.
- Applicants must be ready to commit three months to this program.
- Applicants should be willing to undergo an internship in relevant renewable energy companies
Females are encouraged to apply…
If you meet these criteria, kindly apply now!