Training Application (Poultry, Imo)
The IFAD Agrihub Nigeria project focuses on developing the skills of unemployed Nigerian youth and aspiring agripreneurs to become self-employed or secure employment in agriculture. Through its various initiatives, the project aims to improve the livelihoods of youth in the rural economy. Agrihub intends to operate an inclusive model that provides opportunities for people with low levels of education.
To encourage youth interest in agriculture the IFAD’s Agrihub project in partnership with the Protein Needs Farm is providing a solid curriculum on poultry production and management for youth (male and female).
The programme includes classroom teaching, practical learning in the field and internships. Through the training, the selected beneficiaries gain insights into starting a poultry business or taking up employment in the poultry industry.
Criteria for Eligibility
- Beneficiaries should be youth between the ages of 18 and 29.
- Youth must be passionate about agriculture especially agribusinesses like Poultry and Vegetable farming
- The beneficiary must be unemployed when applying.
- Beneficiaries must possess at least a junior or senior secondary school certificate and be literate in English or the local language.
- Applicants resident in Owerri, Imo state (location of the training facility) will be given preference.
- Applicants must have access to a functioning mobile phone.
- Participants must be physically and mentally fit to participate in all aspects of the training. Applicants with certain disabilities are also encouraged to apply. However, this must be clearly communicated during the application period.
- Applicants must be ready to commit three months to this program.
- Applicants should be willing to undergo an internship in relevant farms.
Females are encouraged to apply…
If you meet these criteria, kindly apply now!