Training Application (Agric commodity, Awe, Oyo state)
The IFAD Agrihub Nigeria project focuses on developing the skills of unemployed Nigerian youth and aspiring agripreneurs to become self-employed or secure employment in agriculture. Through its various initiatives, the project aims to improve the livelihoods of youth in the rural economy. Agrihub intends to operate an inclusive model that provides opportunities for people with low levels of education.
This traning programme provides a solid curriculum for youth (male and female) to gain knowledge on poultry production and management and vegetable farming.
The programme includes classroom teaching, practical learning in the field and internships. Through the training, the selected beneficiaries gain insights into starting businesses or taking up employment in the agricultural industry.
Criteria for Eligibility
- Beneficiaries should be youth between the ages of 18 and 29.
- Youth must be passionate about agriculture especially agribusinesses like Poultry and Vegetable farming.
- The beneficiary must be unemployed when applying.
- Beneficiaries must possess at least a junior or senior secondary school certificate and be literate in English or the local language.
- Applicants resident in Oyo town or Awe town (location of the training facility) will be given preference.
- Applicants must have access to a functioning mobile phone.
- Participants must be physically and mentally fit to participate in all aspects of the training. Applicants with certain disabilities are also encouraged to apply. However, this must be clearly communicated during the application period.
- Applicants must be ready to commit three months to this program.
- Applicants should be willing to undergo an internship in relevant farms.
Females are encouraged to apply…
If you meet these criteria, kindly apply now!